The Role Key Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Be able to reconcile the firm’s bank accounts, monitor the bank accounts though out the day, resolve any statement queries and post items onto the ledgers on a daily basis and in a timely manner.
- Assist with recording and paying supplier invoices. Reconcile supplier invoices with their statements.
- Act as first point of contact for staff on day to day queries and liaise with Finance Manager when appropriate
- Assist with recording, reconciling and paying staff expense claims.
- Record rechargeable invoices to the clients’ ledgers.
- Assist in the checking and posting of month end bills and writing off non billable time.
- Monitor the accounts emails and deal with queries.
- Maintain pre-prepayment schedule, adjusting the entries and correcting any invoices posted to incorrect nominal
- Preparing the monthly balance sheet reconciliation.
- Assisting with ad hoc finance/accounts projects and duties.
- Assist the Finance Manager with Supervisory duties as required.
- Provide cover for other day to day accounting functions when a member of the Team is out of the office and step up when the Finance Manager is out of the office. This would include processing cheque and bank transfer requests, processing client bills, opening closing and withdrawals from designated deposits, transfer of funds from client to office account in payment of bills.
Person Specification -experience and attributes required:
- Must have at least 3 years previous experience in accounts department performing similar tasks to those described above
- Must understand double entry book-keeping for general recording of financial transactions and in order to deal with any accounting corrections arising from daily book-keeping.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules.
- Must be numerate, and with an intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft packages Word, Excel and Outlook and with very good English verbal and communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail when recording financial transactions is essential as is the ability to record all financial transactions in a timely manner and keep the records up to date.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, the ability to complete tasks to deadlines and to work outside of normal office hours at month end billing periods
- Ability to prioritize, juggle tasks and use initiative during demanding periods to ensure that all financial transactions are recorded and paid in a timely manner.
- Ability to work autonomously and to work and co-operate as part of a team, with a positive “can do” attitude whilst at the same time ensuring that the work is performed in accordance with the Solicitors Accounts Rules and Office procedures as they relate to accounting functions.
- Evidence of interest in, and commitment to, the success of the firm.
If interested, please email your CV and certificates to email@example.com or drop by our HQ Office in Serasa, Muara:
Bangunan Jutamewah Sdn Bhd, Lot 50&82, Spg.130 Tapak Perindustrian Serasa, Jln Perusahaan, Muara BT1728, Brunei Darussalam